Monday, June 25, 2012

The Big Games

This weekend we played in the State Tournament. We won all our games. We even beat the #1 seed and we we're in the 4TH seed! We also beat the #2 seed. Our team got first place in the state. We were the best team in our league in the state of Iowa. I got a big trophy. Everybody on my team got a trophy for 1st place. Our coach got a plaque. We all were very excited. I played center field. I made a big catch there. I played left field. I caught a line drive in left field. I played right field and a little bit of 1st base. When I was up to bat I was hit by a pitch once in the chest and I caught the ball. Another time I was up to bat I hit the ball, I went to first. They overthrew the first baseman and I ran to second. Then I ran to third base. I almost got an in the park home run when they overthrew the catcher but coach told me to stay at 3rd. There happened to be 3 people on base so I drove in 3 runs in the championship game. When the game was over we went to the dugout and got all of our water bottles and dumped all of the water on our coach.  Jake had a jug that carried a lot of water.  And that's how my baseball tournament went. I hope you enjoyed this blog. Here are some pictures of my big games.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Carsten!!! What a fun tournment and a great set of games. The Cubs are state chanmps for the 8U age group!! Very cool!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Carsten! I loved watching you play & cheering you & your teammates on. Go Cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Way to go Carsten!

    ReplyDelete